Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Of quirks, idiosyncrasies and weirdness.
Do you have any personal idiosyncrasies?
Well, I have.
I guess I'm one of those people that has weird personal rules and regulations that must be followed in order to maintain some form of happiness and contentment with life. And here are they...
- I always leave out few things to store. I will leave a tiny slice of onion or a handful of uncooked spaghetti, a single piece of meat from the pack in the fridge. I will leave at least one chip in a bag, one sip of coffee in a cup, one little bite of a donut. Don't ask why. I don't know.
- I don't like milk and I cannot eat anything that has milk in it. Not than I am allergic to it, I just can't stand the smell of milk. No it's not even stale, but I don't know how my nose get so turned up when smelling milk. Ugh!
- I have a bed quirk. When lying in bed, I have to neatly fold a blanket, lengthwise, where I would lie down. Sometimes I did a wrong fold and I will get a bad vibe as soon as I lay down. It doesn't matter that my bed had a newly crisp bedcover on it, I just can't lay down without another blanket beneath my body.
- When travelling, I have this weird habit of reading signs, billboards, street signs, etc. I would strain my neck reading every single one, even those that are already familiar.
- I always carry a toothpick between my lips. I like pricking my gum with it, because I like the taste of blood in my mouth. No, that's too peculiar, maybe it's the movie "Twilight" I have watched. Hahaha, scratch that out!
-Yeah, I'm weird, I don't even have a reflection in the mirror now!
Ok, I'm going to stop or this will become queerer by the minute. Phew!
I expect you though to take up the cause and reveal your quirks in the comments, because, don't make me stand out here emotionally naked all alone.
Addendum: I hate, hate, when people try to "one up" your bad health, bad experiences or yes, even quirks. There is nothing more annoying than a person who says "You had a 104 fever? Pfft, I had a 105! My dire emergency was far worse than yours!"
Does everything have to be a god damn competition? I swear, it makes me want to bang someone head on the wall.
Except I can't stand the sight of blood. Yeah, another quirk, duh!