Saturday, June 6, 2009
Honest Scrap Award.
I am touched and honored that Mar G. and Tracey and Fi had given me this award - fellow bloggers all that I actually look up to and admire for their writings. As usual, such award came with a rule.
Here are the rules:
When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she or they are real.
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap Award.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on! ( Of course, I am just scooping for some laughter here!!!)
Alright. Ten things? Hmm....fingers drumming my desk. Ten things? Oh, I know where to start:
1. I can pick up things with my toes.
2. I grew up without a mother as my mom left us when I was barely a toddler.
3. I don't like the concept of time. Why is it that I can walk forward and backwards in space, but we can't go forward & backwards in time? Does that bother anyone else?
4. I enjoy the company of gay people because they talk loud and they laugh so much.
5. I would never dare walk on burning hot coals, bungee jump or sky dive - heights scared me and so is the burning sensation on my skin!
6. I speak three languages, English, Filipino, and Ilongo. Despite my Spanish lesson in college I have never learned to speak it.
7. I don’t have any particular preference with music but I do love music. Leave me with a good book to read and a blaring stereo and the outside world disappears.
8. I’m trying to grow my hair long just because I have been sporting a short hair since college. It's kinda frustrating because now that it's longer I don't know what to do with it, so I thought of getting a haircut again.
9. Even though I’ve hit some bumps along this road called life, and don’t particularly like some of the things I’ve done, I would not change any of them.
10. Lastly, the most honest thing I can tell you is to look around at the blog, I believe I left it all out on the field here for you to read! If you’re ever curious, just ask!
Seriously, this award is about bloggers who post from their heart, who ofentimes put their heart on display. So now on to the 7 people I want to send them to:
1. Neo Conduit - Kirst blog is one of the most honest blogs I’ve read. When I thought of who I wanted to tag, her blog was one of the first to come to mind.
2. Kingdom of Estarra - Speaking of honesty, you can’t really tell it like it is until you’ve read KOE blog. She writes from the heart and is very funny too.
3. Angry American - I haven’t seen anything new on this blog in a little over a month but I really enjoyed the real posts Ray wrote. Hope to see him come back soon!
4. The Ins and out of being a real MTV - This is Marie's blog, seething with honesty and she’s as real about her life as anyone out there. Thanks for sharing your stories Marie.
5. Brittle Asthma Life and Drama - Rattles is another blogger who put her heart on display as she write from the depths of her soul and you just got to see her new blog make-over!
6. Amna - She haven't posted anything in her page yet, although I hope in due time she will, but her comments on my blog and those of others had been very honest and sincere. She clearly showed where her heart is.
I know that's not 7 but those I want to give this to, had been given already and also because I had just given out an award to 6 bloggers so now I ran out of recepients, hahaha!
Well there you have it. Please check out these other sites and enjoy, have an awesome day and we’ll chat later.