Monday, December 22, 2008

Just bad timing.


I have not been feeling well.

Why in God’s name do I have to be sick when Christmas Eve is just a day away?
I don’t know how I get the flu, but damn my whole body aches, my throat is sore, my eyes seem to want to jump from its socket, my nose already bleeds from too much blowing, and my voice croaks like a frog because of the cough.

Of course, I look like a mess as my hair had not been washed for three days, and my room is in disarray.

I don’t even know if I can muster the strength to cook my usual noche buena fare. If I cannot, then the boys had to do with ready-to-eat food from the restaurant.

Or maybe I will just ask them to cook the dish themselves! But that wouldn’t be fun as I may end up convalescing from too much anxiety.

Ok, I need to rest now and let the virus be done with its normal cycle. I hope I will be better tomorrow, or I will have to spend Christmas in bed.

Anyway I just want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and may we all look forward to the New Year with renewed hope.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

So sorry you are ill, my 6 year old grandaughter is in bed with a chest infection and is worried she will miss Santa! I hope you feel better soon, try to have a very happy christmas. Much love to you and yours.....Tracey xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sid Brechin said...

Sorry to know you are down with the flu at this time of year. It has taken down a great many people around here. My stepdad has it so I will be here at Christmas rather than at my Mom's.

However despite anxiety I think one of the best Christmas gifts you could give your kids would be to teach them how special meals. When you teach someone to do something new you have given them a gift which can not be taken away. Also they themselves in future can give that gift and still have it themselves. Education is the perfect gift. It's the only thing you can give away and still have. With the possible exception of Love.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin