Sunday, August 15, 2010

A ride of a lifetime.


The weather is very nice today, not too hot and not too cold. It's perfect for a bike ride!

Ken had been waiting all this time for this perfect weather and when it finally came, he did not hesitate calling me to inform me that he will pick me up after dinner (which he really meant after lunch)for a tour around the county.

Of course, I am just seated at the back. But I know the feel of being in control of the motorcycle and its a heady stuff. I have a small scooter back in the Philippines which I would take out at night to drive around the subdivision. I can still remember the rush that comes from a quick twist of my wrist. The blast of the wind serves as a direct feedback.

But this ride is different. There is almost nothing that compares to motoring along a smooth stretch of curvy back road devoid of cars, pedestrians and other things non-motorcycle. Ken has a good grip of the bike and he is a very good driver.

The road is so clear and smooth that I can't help feeling a sense of adventure that comes from gliding effortlessly through long sweeping curves. I can feel the adrenaline rush as we safely negotiates a series of turns, then accelerate smoothly into straightways. And as we drove through a stretch of lonely cornfields, my senses become keener and awareness of my surroundings become more acute.

It's hard to explain this to non-riders, but just sitting in the saddle of a bike actually RELAXES me! Put another way: there is simply no time for stress, because I am too busy riding and enjoying the experience.

A Harley ride is like having freedom that no car or drug can replace. Try it!

2 comments:

Chicken Boys said...

I'd love to try it! Do you have a Harley I can use? LOL
~Randy

ADMIN said...

You look so happy and so pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin