Sunday, June 23, 2013

Next question please.


My sister-in-law, in the picture above, asked me the other night what my plans were if Ken would leave me. That was just after we visited him at the hospital and saw how very ill he was.

No, don't panic. Ken is responding well after his operation and we are certain he will recover. We were just having a conversation about situations and were trying to figure out ways to avoid the same situation from happening again.

So there we were, seated in her luxurious living room when she blurted the question.

She was, of course, just asking an inevitable question. One that even she dreaded asking.

I honestly don't have an answer. Although I think I remember saying: " I don't know, because I haven't looked that far ahead."

Seriously, how does one deal with the thought of losing a partner? Perhaps some people would think that it would not make much difference to me since we were married for less than three years. But the truth is, loosing Ken is probably the hardest thing in the world for me. He is not just a husband. He is more than that. He is the love of my life.

He played a vital role for my happy existence.

My husband, faults and all, is truly a hero to me. When we met, I was going through a tough time in my life. Not only was I trying to recover from a marriage that was long over, I was also in a strange city learning to cope with a life so different from what I was use to. And Ken was so patient with me. He never pushed for more than I was ready to give.

He is a man of outstanding character. He is honest and he is trustworthy. He is funny and thoughtful and he is a good provider.

He is also very supportive of my goals and dreams. He even doesn't have to understand them. And he doesn't feel the need to make his hobbies mine, or vice versa. We share many things, yet we each have our own personal interests as well.

I knew I prayed for a man like him before I knew that one actually existed. Of course, there is no one perfect, but there is one who is perfect for me, and that is Ken. It occured to me that for the first time in my life, I have not had to settle for something less. I don't know if it was God's will, luck, or my own doing, but I really did end up with someone who is just right for me.

I may never know how I got so lucky, but I am very grateful.

So, what was the next question?





2 comments:

Unknown said...

dnt worry everything will be fine .will pray for him

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

thanks Rahul! it is worrisome to me because i cannot picture out a life without him.
xoxoxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin